Monday, September 21, 2009

Racing the Cane

My good friend Daphne was heading up a race for the people in the Dominican Republic. "Racing the Cane" was on saturday and I ran the 6k with some friends while Boston and his buddies ran the kids 1 mile run. It was so much fun, beautiful weather and a wonderful Cause.

They needed shoes for the kids and adults in the Dominican Republic, so after you ran the race you took off your shoes and donated them.
run13 sponsored this race and had lots of amazing things after for the kids and us to enjoy.


Cory met me with the little ones after the race for the awards and entertainment.




The kids run
Ready, Set, GO...


Cynthia won first place in her age group


2nd place winner for the kids run
Boston

everyone donated their shoes they were running in or other shoes to just donate. It was such a great cause!


The winners
Cynthia- 1st place,
Luke- 1st place {kids} Boston -2nd place {kids}


after the awards and raffles there was lots of fun things for the kids to do...
face painting
magelby's breakfast
bounce houses/jumpers
massages
oxygen bar




I will do this EVERY year, it was great to help out and it was organized just perfect!
Thanks Daph!

8 comments:

Candace said...

Way to go Boston on getting 2nd place! I also love Hayes' spider web fingers to go with his face paint :)

Idaho Penningtons said...

So soon Olivia and Hayes won't know what thier real face looks like- the last few posts they have thier faces painted!!!! hehehehehe

Jessy and Kurt Antonino!!!! said...

Shannon next time tell me please. I will love to do that too. What a great idea. I will need a hair appointment for my mom, I will be calling you soon. Thanks.

{jane} said...

awesome pictures! way to go boston on being 2nd in the kids race, woo-hoo!!!

Lauren said...

this is lauren, bo's wife, (cory's cousin) i just found your blog!! you have the cutest kids and always have such cute ideas!!

Jenn Granum said...

I love this! What an awesome day! Great job to Boston, Luke, Cynthia and ALL of you who participated! I love that Hayes and Livy are getting their faces painted everywhere they go. They are at such a fun age!

Kierstin said...

What a great day and what a great cause! Way to go Boston!! Love the face painting-they look so happy and so cute!

John and Ann Tolman said...

Your "fun" life makes me tired. I used to be young like you & had energy.( I now have a hard spelling it!)But I love seeing pics of your growing kids and hearing all about your great adventures.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...