Monday, April 06, 2009

Viva Las Vegas...


Cory was going to a convention in Las Vegas for the week.   When I saw that it was Snowing here that whole week and 75-80 degrees in Vegas, we were going with him. :)
My cousin Cindy, John and little JJ  were with us.  Their little family consists of 1 child who is "1 " and so we pretty much dominated.  The twins loved running after JJ and he loved it too!

We decided this time to rent a house with a Pool/Spa/Slide/putting green/in ground tramp/Fire pit etc..  It was seriously like 5 minutes from the strip. We pretty much Played and Played all day while the Dad's were off to the Security Convention.

There was so much for the kids to do, it was very fun. We brought one of Boston's friends Luke to come and play. Good thing we did too, b/c they were in the Pool from 9am until 10 pm! We literally had to pull them out at night. It was so funny to see their hands SO Wrinkled!

BBQ's at night with the Dad's followed by S'mores and just relaxing by the pool all day.
All to ourselves...






As if the slide and other Amenities weren't enough for these boys, they decided to start Jumping from the top of the Slide.    A little bit Scary, but they were loving it.

{Boston}
Night swimming!
I was trying to take a sweet picture of all the lights and this is what it turned out like. Oops...


S'mores


One Night we met my Brother Darren {who was out there for a different convention} at the Canal Shops in the Venetian Hotel. It was so fun to see him, especially since he lives in South Carolina! We took a "Gondola Ride" with the kids and then cruised around the shops.

Oh and of course, Boston wanted to spend his own money on the "Oxygen Bar" I did try to talk him out of it so he could use his money at the toy store, but he really wanted it so bad.  It was hilarious!  The ladies were so sweet and decided to give all the little kids a massage while they were waiting for Boston. haha
{Don't think that they weren't all looking at us like we were crazy parents} That was the best part! ;)



Uncle Darren helping out with the Massages






We could only have 4 to a boat. This guy was so fun, he sang the most beautiful songs to us.



Cindy, John & JJ



On Thursday we were supposed to check out but extended our stay for the rest of the weekend. We found another house with a putting green and Pool and Spa. 
The only bummer was the pool wasn't HEATED.

Dont think that it stopped these kids from getting in!

 
They played plenty of Pool...

Baby J, Olivia & Hayes
Watching Boston and Luke entertain them with there remote Helicopter Skills



One day it was kind of cold so while Cindy stayed home and layed Baby J down for a nap I decided to take the kids by myself to my Favorite Mall of all time "The Fashion Show mall." My kids did awesome, but i got so many looks like "What a Crazy lady!" It was awesome!
Everyone kept asking me if they were all my kids.  After I said yes & they felt stupid, then they would follow up with "Well they are all so beautiful!"

Later that day we met up with Cory, John & Cindy and went to the Forum Shops and "Cheesecake Factory."
And of course we had to have a picture with Elvis!

One of my Favorite things to see in Las Vegas is the Water show at the "Bellagio"
It is seriously so beautiful and my kids love it, even Ivy.


The Garden at the Bellagio


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darren loved being able to hang out with you for the night! What a fun place for you to stay while there:)

Kierstin said...

HOW FUN!!!! That sounds like so much fun. We have never been to Vegas...if we ever go we will have to fin out where you stayed...it sounds so perfect for the kids and what a great time to get away with all the snow we have been getting here. I am so happy that today is so gorgeous! Darling pictures, your kids are so cute! That is so fun that Boston had a friend come along, what a blast for them!!

Candace said...

I love Hayes cooking his marshmallow:)

Andrea Marie said...

Ugh. Look at your awesome, tan skin. No fair! ;) That looks like it was such a fun trip!

Ludvigson Family said...

Looks like you guys had fun. Justin and Stetson were in Vegas last week end for the Monster Truch World Finals!

Lucrecia said...

Oh my, that place looks awesome! That's a great idea to rent a house in Vegas. Who would have thought that would be more fun than staying on the strip. And why do you look so skinny?! If I were in Vegas a bunch of kids wouldn't stop me from going to Fashion Show either:)

Janel said...

oh i want that house--how fun!

Granum Family said...

Oh I am so jealous! It all sounds so fun! I would have never thought to rent a house there, great idea for kids! Oh and yes, we are coming to Utah but not even for a full 48 hours so it's a super quick trip or else I would have totally loved to go to lunch! And you are looking super skinny....hot mama!

Idaho Penningtons said...

Looks like fun! I wish I could have seen Darren! I also wish I could have seen the Donny & Marie show!

Diana and Derek said...

We just got back from Vegas, today! I have to admit that its not my favorite place. So Cal is cleaner and much more fun!

{jane} said...

what a perfect week in Vegas! so fun for Boston that you took Luke along - I bet they had a blast! Boston looks so burnt in those first couple of pictures! I suppose that's what happens after 12 hours of pool time per day, how fun! and, I am dying over him jumping off the top of that slide, crazy kid!

cute cute suit on Livi - I bought the same one for Sela {pink with the little red polka-dots} but it's a size 5 so we'll be tucking in away for a few years!

too bad you couldn't just keep renting houses for 2 more months till the sun decides to come out HERE!

Cassie and Chad said...

WOW what a fun trip! Love that house and the picture of Boston jumping off of the slide. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your little girl's pink polka dot swimming suit, she is darling. And look how tan you are, you are beautiful!!!

Nelson Family said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun!! I'm jealous!! :)

Jenn Granum said...

Looks like a blast! I LOVE Vegas. The house idea was awesome - definitely the way to do Vegas with kids. Wish we could have been with you.

Grandma Lu said...

It looks like you guys had a great time! We are going next week! I can't wait!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...