Tuesday, August 25, 2009

It's tradition...


...to hike the "Y" the night before school starts every year. It's our third year now and the boys LOVE this. We go with the Morton boys and Caryn {this year Caryn just had a baby} so my friend Cynthia came with her 4 boys and we brought one of the neighbor boys & the morton boys. "9" boys!

We normally do this before school starts but this year we moved the week before and we forgot...well Boston reminded me and I couldn't let the tradition die.

The boys had a Great time, especially since we went at 6am...it was dark, cloudy, rainy and beautiful to look out at the city lights while we were hiking. I love that these boys get to do this every year together.

cayden
mom/boston
even this little guy {5 years old} was ahead of us the whole time. He didn't even complain ONCE...
mc kay/cynth

these guys even hiked up to the top of the "Y", while the 3 younger ones were running down.
zach/cayden/ethan/boston/luke/tanner

9 comments:

Cassy said...

I've always wanted to do that (not sure why), but that's so cool that you have a tradition like that!

Diana and Derek said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Diana and Derek said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Diana and Derek said...

How cool. We went to school there and never hiked it once.

Melanie said...

I found your blog off of Jane Rhodes and have been checking in every so often to see all the fun events that you do with your family. I live in SLC and love to find out all the fun things to do with kids here in the valley. I hope this is okay? I know this is a bit early, but I was wondering if you would be willing to give me the witches brew recipe? I am the room mom for my daughter's first grade class and would love to try it with them. Thanks so much!

Grandma Lu said...

You guys are always doing something fun!! Ivy is getting so big!

{jane} said...

what a great tradition for all those boys! great pictures too!

Granum Family said...

I love this tradition! Such cute pictures!

Jenn Granum said...

What a fun tradition!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...