Monday, July 21, 2008

"BOOK CLUB"

We had a Book club this afternoon for Boston and all the boys in our Neighborhood. This book is Seriously so Good! I even decided to read it to maybe help Boston out with understanding it. It is one of my Fav's now. It is a Series, so now we are excited to get the Second book and have a Book club again in August!


We started the Discussion in the Morton's Treehouse. It was perfect, since in the Book the kids would go there also. We had Magical Hot Chocolate and Yummy Brownies to start off our Activity of Searching for Fairies!! {in the book, the Sorenson kids drank a special kind of milk and they would see all these fairies and Magical Creatures}


Then they went on a Search to find the Fairies...



Then we spent the rest of the Afternoon playing in the Pool! They were playing off of the book all day, even when swimming.... "Naiad's & Sorensons"



It's seriously a Great Book and i would Highly suggest it to those of you who are "Harry Potter" fans, I think it's better!!

On another note~ I had my 32 week Dr. appt today and everything is looking great! I am measuring 2 weeks Ahead, which i am still keeping my scheduled date of Sept. 16th. Now i go to the Dr. every 2 weeks, so the Countdown is now ON!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun time for such good friends. A nice cool pool in the HOT summertime:)We are hoping she waits to make her entrance into this world until after the wedding:)

becky said...

seriously...can i be included in this "boys" book club???? so much fun for them this summer!

good luck with the last little bit of the pregnancy! i am so happy for you and can't wait to meet the new little one!

Grandma Lu said...

AGAIN....YOU ARE KILLING ME! I feel good when we read the scriptures let alone a book for fun! Oh and did I mention that we never have "magic hot chocolate and look for fairies." Just when I feel like an ok mom...you pull something like that! jk I love you. You are so cute!

{jane} said...

I love the BOOK CLUB day, how totally cool to start it off in the treehouse! I have still never been up there. I bet the kids just loved it all! I brought Myla's book on this trip with great hopes to read to her and have her read some on her own. ummm, we never even opened it. whoops. But, I have read kj's "fish" book to him about 10 times. At least, I didn't drop the ball on all of them! hehe.

Katie said...

Thats a cool idea to get kids to read! And glad to hear that the pregnancy is going well.
Our new house is Really close to you guys. We live in the neighborhood right behind those three churches across the street from Costco. If that makes any sense.

Janel said...

you are too much!! what a great mom :) can't wait to see your new baby girl...hope these last few weeks go quick for ya

Idaho Penningtons said...

Okay Seriously - what are you in the running for Mom of the year or what! We just wakeboard, tube, surf and ski! You feel like you see fairies when you fall! hehehehehe

Jenn Granum said...

I love the bookclub thing and I am almost done with the second book. I love it even more than the first! Chase is kind of taking a break - he want me to tell him about it but I won't budge! Hopefully he'll start soon. It is a tough read for them but I think it's good to push them.

Ludvigson Family said...

I heard those books were good. I will have to get one and start reading with my kids. I think they would love it. What a great idea to do a book club with the kids. So fun!

ps
I can't believe you are down to the last few weeks of your pregnancy! That is so exciting.

Cassy said...

What a coolk way to get kids excited about reading! I'm gonna have to remember that one for when Rayne gets older. SO fun! And my oh my the baby is getting closer to making her debut! Eeshk!

shay said...

OKay how cute are you?? That is the cutest idea!! Agian I 'll tell you that I think you won mother of the year award!! But so exciting about the countdown!! wahoo!!! hang in there sista! love your guts!

Anonymous said...

Love the book club for kids idea. And you and your mom friends all come up with such fun ideas to make everything that much more special! Wow ... 54 days left ... can't believe it. Are you totally excited. I am continually amazed at how much you and Jenn jam pack into a week ... can I come be your kid?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...