Sunday, July 06, 2008

Quick visit to California {Grandpa's Funeral}

The funeral was so sad but so Beautiful. We had almost all of the Grandchildren present and some Great Grandchildren. My grandma walked into the Viewing room while we were already sitting down and she saw all of her grandchildren and she said "Oh cliff, you would have loved this" then of course we all started Balling!
She is an amazing woman and i am so glad that we were able to be with her on that day.

This is my Mom's Dad, so We were fortunate enough to have my Dad come out to the Funeral as well. He said Grandpa was always a great Example in his life and he wanted to be there with his kids.

My brother Derek is the oldest Grandchild, so he Presented the Eulogy...He and Darren both were the only Grandkids for quite some time and so they have such amazing memories of him and it was so fun to hear.
All the Grandkids/Great Grandkids sang "Love is Spoken Here" and then we all went to the Cemetery. The Dinner was Grandpa's Favorite "Kentucky Fried Chicken".

When in California, It's tradition to my family to always have "Round Table Pizza" So we ordered lots and ate it by the Pool after we returned back to our Hotel rooms.

My Dad and all his Children except Jill...We missed you Jill!!
My beautiful Grandma "Minnie Bagley"
My Mom and sister Mindy
All of the Grandkids/Great Grandkids who were there
My Mom and her kiddo's We were just missing Jill & Jeremy {Yes she had 9 children,
She's amazing!!}
My cute little Nieces and Nephews who came out

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing about the day. I was having a problem last night and my journaling keep disappearing. I was super tired and gave up! It was a sad but sweet day. Grandpa and Grandpa have set such a good example for us to live by!

{jane} said...

It is cool to see your family pictures, I don't think I've ever met your Mom and I think you and Mindy look so much like her! Funerals are always a sad gathering, but a tender family reunion.

Jenn Granum said...

So nice to have so much family support your Grandma and honor your Grandpa. You have a great family!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...